Cinnamon Stillwell

I’m the West Coast Representative for Campus Watch, a project of the Middle East Forum that focuses on Middle East studies. I was a political columnist for SFGate.com (San Francisco Chronicle online) from 2004-2008. I've written for the American Thinker, Frontpage Magazine, Family Security Matters, Accuracy In Media, Newsbusters, Israel National News, The Jewish Policy Center, J-The Jewish News Weekly of N. CA, Intellectual Conservative and many others. More info at CinnamonStillwell.com.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Revisiting "The Cotton Club"

Despite its flaws, I've always loved Francis Ford Coppola's 1984 film "The Cotton Club." As a gangster flick, a love story, and a musical--it works on all levels (although sometimes I wish the fabulous musical numbers had more screen time). And the soundtrack, which consists mostly of Duke Ellington recreations, is fantastic. I just wish it included Richard Gere playing a mean Cornet alongside Diane Lane singing "Am I Blue?" and Gregory Hines and his brother, Maurice Hines, singing "Crazy Rhythm."

After misplacing an old cassette tape version, I finally relented and bought the CD via Amazon (can't find it in downloadable format) and I'm in love all over again. While there are too many great songs to share here, this is one of my favorites, a gorgeous Lonette McKee singing "Ill Wind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home